Hello, my name is Sarah Holloway.
I am a Registered Psychologist and I possess a range of skills for effectively working with adults and adolescents for a variety of presenting problems. Specific areas of interest and expertise include:
- Managing anxiety related issues and panic attacks
- Reducing self-harm and suicidal ideation in teenagers
- Improving self-esteem and confidence
- Developing healthy stress management strategies
- Support for grief and trauma
- Depression management
I am proficient in using a range of evidence-based psychological therapies, including:
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Exposure with Response Prevention
- Behavioural Activation
- Motivational Interviewing
As each individual and each problem is unique, my approach to counselling is often a blend of different evidence-based strategies to tailor a therapeutic experience that feels engaging and specifically targets the things you want to change. It is my hope that I can work with you to manage current difficulties and emotional distress, and assist you to develop a range of healthy coping strategies that empower you to achieve and sustain good mental health for a better lifestyle. I take an empathic and enthusiastic approach to create a comforting environment to discuss important issues.